Friday 27 January 2012

Delightful and Delicious

I am issuing the challenge at Let's Scrap this week, see below for the details and why not play along for an opportunity to winner a prize.
My challenge this week is all about FOOD.
We all need to eat; in fact lots of us love to eat.  We may not like to cook or we may not even be good cooks.
In some families there is a special dish, cookie, cake or meal that may have become a tradition. Families, also, gather together for special holiday meals that have become traditions.
My challenge to you is to create a single or double page layout (no cards) of that special food or meal. I have included a recipe on my sample layout; you don’t have to do that.
On your layout you must use the following:
~Some stitching (machine, hand, or even rub-on stitching)
~At least 1 handmade tag
~Journaling
You must use a Let’s Scrap sketch.
This challenge cannot be combined with the weekly main page sketch, special month long site sponsored sketch or the Scrap our Stash Challenge. The layout must be something you scrapped new for this challenge, not something you previously made.
To be eligible for the prize drawing, upload your entry for this challenge to the gallery by Thursday, February 10th at 11:59pm (using the clock on the main page).
Be sure to tag your entry correctly: challenge128 (all one word), followed by a comma, a space, and then the sketch number you used. In my sample layout the tag would read: challenge128, 10-18-09.
In the comment section of your post explain how you met the requirements of the challenge. Sometimes the elements of a layout are hard to see in the photos.
If you also use a technique from one of the tutorials, you will get your name in the draw a second time.
I can’t wait to see what you create. Thanks for taking my challenge.
Here is my sample of the FOOD challenge.


“Delightful & Delicious”

Used: Bazzill cs (Carob, String of Pearls & Iced Cocoa), Kaiser Scrapbooks pp “Cafe Culture” line, Dazzles kitchen stickers, Prima flowers and various scraps.

I made my DS happy because I had to bake a batch of these cookies just so I could take a picture of them for my layout; I had not baked them in a long time. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty! I love your work and have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my blog! http://scrapchat-n-coffeetalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Betty I have chosen you to recieve the Liebster Blog award. Please visit my blog for the details: www.bakscrapsplace.blogspot.com Beth

    ReplyDelete